Wednesday, January 23, 2013

C2C what a great opportunity!

Last week, C2C met for the first time and it was a great experience. I admired how Emory students and their partners got along, and the introduction of the class predicted we are going to have a great experience. Personally, I thought I’d enrolled in too many courses and I was wondering how I was going to manage all these readings, homework, labs quizzes, and exams.

Before the first day I thought C2C would be another course and it would add to my school workload. Today, reading “mindset” (I have to admit I haven’t read all of it yet) and after I listened to our TFA partners talking about their students and their experiences at school, I found myself switching my mindset. Here is how: last semester I was focusing on my grades and I had bad day whenever I didn’t get the grade I expected (which was not due to a fixed mindset because I’ve always believe a person can learn and improve). This semester, I am focusing on how much I am learning and how much I am giving to other outside of school.

As a public health student I think being involved with TFA will help me to achieve the primary goal of my field of study which is learn, share, and help improve the world. I am looking forward to visiting my partner’s class on Friday. 


By Fodie Maguiraga

1st year Global Health student, Rollins School of Public Health

No comments:

Post a Comment